Roof Restoration Melbourne
Roof restoration is when the surface of the roof is restored to its original condition. The roof can be cement tiles, colorbond, metal or terracotta tiles.
If the porosity of the roof is an issue then the roof needs to be replaced because application of any coatings/paint will not be a long term solution and cost you more in the long run.
Steps For Roof Restoration
- Detailed inspection to assess what action is necessary.
- Replace any broken tiles, checking water courses to ensure your roof is waterproof so there is no leaking during the cleaning process.
- High Pressure Cleaning using water pressure at 4000psi. to remove all dirt, moss, mould and lichen so we have a clean surface to apply the sealer/primer to.
- Valley Irons – remove old rusted valley irons and replace with new if required.
- Flashings – check, repair or replace if necessary.
- Re-bedding – remove all the old bedding (mortar), blow clean the surface and lay out the new bedding.
- Re-pointing – all the ridge, hip, gable and the valley tiles will be repointed. The pointing compound is flexible and will not crack as it is specially formulated to adhere to the ridge tiles.
- Gutters Cleaned – all leaves, dirt, rubble and debris is removed.
- Painting of the roof
- anti-fungal spray applied
- sealer/primer coat applied
- colour coat is applied
- top coat of colour applied
- We will leave you with 6 painted spare tiles on site.
Rebedding & Repointing
Rebedding and repointing is the cement work on a tiled roof that secures and waterproofs the ridge capping, gable ends and valleys. It’s vital that the bedding and pointing is in good condition because this will protect your property from leaking, pests and storm damage. For more information about rebedding and repointing a roof, see our blog roof repointing cost.
Roof Valley & Valley Irons
Valley irons are the metal flashing that is under the cut tiles in the gully that runs up the roof. Properties that are over 30 years old are likely to have significant rusting of the valley irons. It is much cheaper to replace the valleys at the same time as rebedding and repointing. For more information about roof valleys, see our blog ‘What is a roof valley‘?
Weep holes are holes placed at the bottom of pointing in ridge capping to allow excess water to escape from behind the bedding and pointing. Read more…
What Our Customers Say
An excellent job with dedicated staff, Steve was most helpful and assisted where possible.
Best in the business when it comes to anything roofing!
Contact Sandhurst Roofing today on 0448 812 800, to discuss all your roof restoration needs, we are more than happy to organise a quote for you or answer any questions you may have. Alternatively, you can fill out the form below and we will get back to you as soon as we can.